Saturday 2 February 2013

Ms. Stefanie molicki at International Week at U of A

Left to Right
Speaker:Stefanie
 Volunteer:Grace & Cheng (Kyle)

This time I by accident attended her lecture:Cultural Otherness Leads Us to Oneness.

Why by accident?

Yes. I got lost in such a large cite.  I bumped into fitness building and "Oh no". Eventually I reached the class room 254 where 10:00AM session was in half way through. "Ok then I feel like I would make it for 11:00Am one."  That's why I took it.

A girl was there.  She asked me "Are you a speaker for 11Am?"
I of course said,"Oh no, I'm just an audience for that." I left for snoopying a bit and then came back.  This time, the other woman was there.  She asked me "Are you a volunteer for my session?"  I again said, "Oh no, I'm actually an audience for you and waiting."  That was funny moment to insist "I am an Audience."

Now I will explain what she talked about. The topic is brain that is often discussed in daily life.  I personally was amazed by taking her session just in right time.

Her key word was "Be Curious".

She says;

When we grow up, we tend to stay in our own box which is made of comfortable habit, custom and sense. I thought "Yes I do." We have basically same function of brain.  "How come does this happen;like you can see this and I cannot see this?  Answer is just whether how we use brain diffrently. Quite simple and nothing wrong with it.  However when we come to understand the other culture and view of thinking in a global days, essential way is to evolve our our brain. Breaking the same path way in brain is essential to do it to understand the others.

How does we do it? Here is how.

 When our brain come across experience, information or anything that doesn't exist in it, it does move and activate its part that hasn't used yet. New impulse helps brain evolving by thinkging or feeling "Oh?, Oops?, What? Why? ". At this moment If you think "Oh why do I need to evolve my brain?
Still and now? Forget it."  Nothing wrong. 

Yoga trick brain to activate by shutting our comfy custom box. I just started to yoga and glad to know it.

Crocodile kept the same volume of brain over 200 million-year while human doubled the volume less than the same period times.   At this moment human is potentially evolving brain .

She also put a supporing point on that;

Husband, wife, mother, father, friend, relative, kid and pet...Have anyone who see you as you are and don't judge you not by job, status, look, education, nationality and all of what is called "Social Label".  We stay in our comfy box and out, in and out... That person is watching even if silly:)  It means a lot.  Brain can be more open  and activated.   

When you close your eye, who is on your mind?


2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the wonderful summary of my talk, Himi Ko!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you too Stefanie! I am very glad to have come across your wonderful talk and see you here again in the right time.

      Delete